How to get Netflix working on WebOS?

How about this?.
Can we get some tips from here?.

Chromium & Netflix (and other DRM video websites)

You can not just take packages from other operating systems and install them to a different system.

1 Like

Can we use different apps other than Netflix like https://appshowbox.org/ app for watching movies and tv series. Can I am able to use it on this platform ?? I am new to them Please help me out with this.

Hi @lewiswhite,

First off, the app you mentioned ShowBox seems very sketchy and might actually be in violation of copyright infringement. Hence why it doesn't seem to be provided on the play store. Additionally the website claims its available for Android, Mac, iOS and PC but only provides an installation guide for Android (and Kindle, which runs a variant of Android).

However, since the app doesn't have a native webOS application IMHO you could go about getting one working by one of 3 ways:

1. If there's a web player of any sorts similar to Netflix you could create a webapp for webOS that would redirect to that URL.
  2. You could contact the developer, get the project for an app built for another platform and perhaps see where the media libraries are being sourced then using those create a custom app for webOS yourself.
  3. Contact the developer and request an app be made for webOS.

For LuneOS we did the following, something similar MIGHT work on webOS OSE, but it might not because it uses Chromium directly and not QtWebEngine, but it's worth the try I guess. Another option might be to try something like https://github.com/gort818/qtwebflix

1 Like

Where did you get the Netflix app? I am getting interested.. .

Can i check it in settings or ssh if i wanna know which version i used it?.. if can, how to check it with ssh?. .

Can i check it in settings or ssh if i wanna know which version i used it?.. if can, how to check it with ssh?.

@ladkii, Did you mean that you want to check the version of your OSE?

I would like to see some more apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video using HTML5 MSE/EME and Widevine CDM those are the most interesting and attracted to me and a lot of people. :grinning:.

How can I use this app on WebOS..?

I would like to see some more apps such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video using HTML5 MSE/EME and Widevine CDM those are the most interesting and attracted to me and a lot of people. :grinning:.

In which case I assume it could be the hardware struggling with the high resolution and not exactly an issue with webOS..

I'm not exactly sure (maybe one of the devs can chip in here if I'm wrong) but I don't think you can install .deb files as in a traditional Linux distro..