Introduce dockerize build system

Currently, WebOS image build system is depended on Ubuntu. Linux users who usually use other distros, such as Fedora, Arch and so on could not build the image on their host for reasons, but one of them is the library dependencies. To provide the build system on any distros, dockerize it.

See GitHub - webosce/dockerize-build-system: Dockerized image build system for webOS

I personally prefer using Fedora and kind of rolling release distros based on Arch on my laptop. However, I have faced lots of errors, which are about library dependencies of the host OS, during compilation. They got me tired of trying to solve all of them. This was begun from the idea.

4 Likes

That's great work and it's useful to use another linux distro.

Latest commit has a patch for reducing the size of image layers.

One more thing that,
Recently, Fedora has a client side tool named podman, which works as a docker client. But it is only client tool against docker, which is client-server architecture. You can use podman or others to make containers.

I am thinking of replacing the repo name with containerize build system for making sure, just because it is not only for docker tools, but also others based on OCi.

Recently, Fedora has a client side tool named podman, which works as a docker client. But it is only client tool against docker, which is client-server architecture. You can use podman or others to make containers.
showbox lucky patcher