Raspberry Pi3 image build error

Hi,
I complete to build qemux86 image successfully (Hooooooray!!) and then trying to build raspberry pi3 image.

I just typed in console "mcf -p 0 -b 0 raspberrypi3" and "bitbake webos-image" in build-webos folder and received below error message .

ERROR: webos-image-1.0-r3 do_bootdirectdisk: Function failed: build_boot_dd (log file is located at /home/ji/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86-webos-linux/webos-image/1.0-r3/temp/log.do_bootdirectdisk.1572)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/ji/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86-webos-linux/webos-image/1.0-r3/temp/log.do_bootdirectdisk.1572
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_bootdirectdisk
| DEBUG: Executing python function build_syslinux_cfg
| DEBUG: Python function build_syslinux_cfg finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function build_boot_dd
| NOTE: Trying to install /home/ji/build-webos/BUILD/deploy/images/qemux86/bzImage-linux-yocto-qemux86.bin as /home/ji/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86-webos-linux/webos-image/1.0-r3/webos-image-1.0/hdd/boot/vmlinuz
| mkfs.fat: warning - lowercase labels might not work properly with DOS or Windows
| mkfs.fat 4.0 (2016-05-06)
| Total number of sectors (47450) not a multiple of sectors per track (63)!
| Add mtools_skip_check=1 to your .mtoolsrc file to skip this test
| du: cannot access '/home/ji/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86-webos-linux/webos-image/1.0-r3/deploy-webos-image-image-complete/webos-image-qemux86-master-20180917193111.ext4': No such file or directory
| expr: syntax error
| WARNING: exit code 2 from a shell command.
| DEBUG: Python function do_bootdirectdisk finished
| ERROR: Function failed: build_boot_dd (log file is located at /home/ji/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86-webos-linux/webos-image/1.0-r3/temp/log.do_bootdirectdisk.1572)
ERROR: Task (/home/ji/build-webos/meta-webosose/meta-webos/recipes-core/images/webos-image.bb:do_bootdirectdisk) failed with exit code '1'

Do I have to make the build-webos clone in another folder and compile again?

Thanks in advance!

You aren't building for raspberrypi3, you need to set MACHINE variable in your shell environment to do that. The log shows that you were building for qemux86 MACHINE.

1 Like