Build Error: event-monitor-1.1.0-13-r4 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error

i got an error during build emulator image on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS as below.
$ git clone GitHub - webosose/build-webos: webOS OSE build layer
$ git checkout -t origin/2.19
$ sudo scripts/prerequisites.sh
$ ./mcf -p 32 -b 32 qemux86-64
$ source oe-init-build-env
$ bitbake webos-image-devel

please help me to build successfully

full error log

WARNING: event-monitor-1.1.0-13-r4 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL git://github.com/webosose/event-monitor;branch=master;protocol=https, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: event-monitor-1.1.0-13-r4 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command export PSEUDO_DISABLED=1; export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/run/user/1006/bus"; export SSH_AGENT_PID="30532"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/run/user/1006/keyring/ssh"; export PATH="/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/sysroots-uninative/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/meta-webosose/meta-webos/scripts:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/oe-core/scripts:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/x86_64-webos-linux:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/recipe-sysroot/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/recipe-sysroot-native/bin:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/bitbake/bin:/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/hosttools"; export HOME="/home/nftp"; LANG=C git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 -c gc.autoDetach=false -c core.pager=cat clone --bare --mirror GitHub - webosose/event-monitor: webOS event monitor service /home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/downloads/git2/github.com.webosose.event-monitor --progress failed with exit code 128, no output

ERROR: event-monitor-1.1.0-13-r4 do_fetch: Bitbake Fetcher Error: FetchError('Unable to fetch URL from any source.', 'git://github.com/webosose/event-monitor;branch=master;protocol=https')

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/BUILD/work/qemux86_64-webos-linux/event-monitor/1.1.0-13-r4/temp/log.do_fetch.26068

ERROR: Task (/home/james/webOS_OSE/build-webos/meta-webosose/meta-webos/recipes-webos/event-monitor/event-monitor.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

Hi @JamesKim, welcome to the forum.

It seems like you might encounter an issue with using an outdated branch.

To clarify the build process, 'git checkout -t origin/2.19' is simply a command for example. The purpose of the checkout step is to check out to the latest commit. So checking out to the 2.19 branch is not proper.

As we have recently released version v2.21.0, now you don't need to execute the 'git checkout' command. (Because you're already in the latest commit, the master branch) You can remain in the 'master' branch.

Thanks,

thanks you for your answer.

i tried again with master branch. but after '$ ./mcf -b 32 -p 32 ...', there no folder for "oe-init-build-env'
so, i can't continue following command.
"$ source oe-init-build-env"

i have checked twice. and same result (no folder "oe-init-build-env')

I found a bug where the mcf command is executed.

Our dev. team started to investigate. I'll let you know as soon as I get the solution.

Thanks,

1 Like

@JamesKim,

The error has been resolved. Please try the build process again.

Thanks,