How can I build voice search for my app on webos smart tv similar to youtube?

I am building a voice search feature for my OTT application. However I can't find any API that Webos TV SDK exposes me to be able to listen to the user's voice from the magic remote. I tried a voice search on the Youtube app and it worked.

Please help me know how this voice search flow works!
(My app is building on Reactjs)

Hi @Nguy_n_Huy_Phat , welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, this forum only for webOS Open Source Edition.
For webOS TV, please visit the TV Forum.

Thanks!

Building a voice search feature for your OTT application on WebOS Smart TV, especially with ReactJS, can indeed enhance user experience. While WebOS TV SDK may not have a direct API for voice recognition, you can implement voice search by leveraging web technologies and integrating with available functionalities.

Consider the following steps:

1. Web Speech API: Utilize the Web Speech API, which is supported by modern browsers, including those on WebOS. This API allows you to access speech recognition capabilities, and you can capture voice input from the magic remote.
  2. Integration with ReactJS: Integrate the Web Speech API into your ReactJS application. You can create a component that listens for voice input and triggers search functionality based on recognized commands.
  3. YouTube Example: Analyzing how YouTube implements voice search on WebOS can provide valuable insights. While the specifics of their implementation may not be directly transferable, understanding the general flow and user experience can guide your development.

For more comprehensive insights into OTT app development, especially considering costs and considerations, I found an informative article that might be helpful: OTT App Development Cost.

I hope this guidance helps in implementing voice search for your OTT application. Best of luck with your ReactJS development, and feel free to reach out if you have further questions! :studio_microphone::rocket: