Forum

WebOS on Raspberry Pi 4 - cannot login google

I have a 4 yr old 4K LGTV that does not run WebOS. The built-in youtube app can play only up to 720p.

I am looking to run WebOS on RPI 4 such that I can watch youtube with better quality, say 1080p.

I tried pre-built image webos-image-raspberrypi4-master-20200318233802.wic, everything was fine except I cannot sign in with my Google account to have my subscribed channels accessible. Google said the "browser" was insecure:

"This browser or app may not be secure"

and did not allow sign in to go any further.

Wasn't WebOS built with Chromium? Am I missing anything in the setup?

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi @Urukhai, welcome to the forum.

So you tried to run webOS OSE on your 4K LGTV?
There are many version of webOS includes for TV, OSE (This forum), Sinage, etc.

If you tried to run OSE version on TV, it might not working or generate unexpect errors.
Please visit the webOS TV Developer for webOS TV.

Thanks

No my LGTV does not run WebOS. I am planning to run WebOSOSE on Raspberry Pi 4.

I reported this issue to dev. team.
As soon as I get the answer, I will share to you.

Thanks a lot. WebOSose on Raspberry Pi 4 should be an attractive solution.

1. Moving contacts between remote accounts (and seeing which one it’s in). My personal contacts should be in my gmail. My work contacts should be in my Corp Exchange.
  2. One Messaging app for multiple text apps. When pressing send, pick which app (GTalk, SMS, etc.) Single thread by Contact regardless of app.

Other things I can’t remember now. Some things came in iOS a few years after my Pre.

I have come to terms that WebOS is dead and Apple/Google rule the world.

Regards,
mybk-experience.onl mcdvoicesurvey.onl

Hi @Urukhai,

This problem is releated to Google's security policy and the similar issue is reported in Google's forum.

Our dev. team have been searching for the solution, but unfortunately, for now, there is no workaround to solve this problem at client side.

There was several discussions to solve this problem, but I'm not sure whether it will work or not.
If I get the solution, I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for your update and your team's effort.

1 Like